PRINCETON, N.J. – The ECHL on Monday announced the Protected Lists as submitted by each of its Member teams.
Teams are allowed to protect as many players as they wish provided the players protected meet the guidelines as defined in the Collective Bargaining Agreement between the ECHL and the Professional Hockey Players’ Association which state that teams shall retain the rights to each player that:
1. Signed an SPC in 2017-18 with the Member, and has not been traded or released, OR
2. Signed an SPC in 2017-18, and was recalled to the NHL/AHL or IIHF team, and has not been traded or released, OR
3. Had received a Qualifying Offer last summer for the current Season, DID NOT sign an SPC, and has not been traded or released, OR
4. Has been suspended by the Member or League, and has not been traded or released, OR
5. Signed an SPC on or after the first day of the 2017-18 Regular Season, then subsequently signed an NHL/AHL contract, and has not been traded or released, OR
6. Has executed the ECHL Retirement Form, and has not been traded or released.
Protected Lists may exceed 20 players.
The ECHL also announced that teams must complete all Future Consideration trades by 3 p.m. ET on June 13 and that teams must submit their Season-Ending Roster by 3 p.m. ET on June 15.
Season-ending rosters may include up to 20 players and cannot include any players who did not sign an ECHL contract in 2017-18.
The full ist of players prtected by Atlanta are:
Sean Bonar, Jack Stander, Joe Gatenby, Eric Shand, Ryan Lannon, Ben Danford, Colin Sullivan, Zachary Malatesta, Cody Carlson, Drew Baker, Tyler Shiplo, Stephen Pierog, Derek Nesbitt, Todd Skirving, Taylor Stefishen, Darby Llewellyn, Luke Sandler, Brady Vail, Alex Rauter, Branden Troock, Alex Gacek, Phil Lane, Tanner Pond, Mathieu Aubin, Brock Higgs, Connor Gaarder
The 16th season of Atlanta Gladiators hockey begins at the Infinite Energy Arena on Friday, October 19th against the Greenville Swamp Rabbits at 7:35 PM. For ticket information, visit the official team website at www.atlantagladiators.com or call the main office line at 770-497-5100.
The Gladiators are members of the ECHL, the nation’s premier "AA" hockey league. All home games are played at the 10,867-seat Infinite Energy Arena, located just off I-85 on Sugarloaf Parkway in Duluth – where parking is always free. The Gladiators have established an unrivaled commitment to excellence, maintaining a distinctive reputation for affordable and family-friendly sports entertainment and consistently ranked as one of the top “Things To Do” in the Atlanta area and across the North Georgia region.For all the latest team news, contests, and more visit AtlantaGladiators.com, or “like” the Gladiators on Facebook (www.facebook.com/AtlantaGladiators), follow the team on Twitter (www.twitter.com/ATLGladiators), Instagram (www.instagram.com/atlgladiators) or Snapchat (www.snapchat.com) at "gladshockey".
Gladiators Announce Protected List
Monday, June 4th
Upcoming Home Games
Get Hockey Updates
Sign up for our email newsletter to be the first to know about news and upcoming games!